Monday, April 17, 2006

Marathon Monday!

Today was the 110th running of the Boston Marathon. For many, this is the pinnacle of years of dedication, sacrifice and countless hours of hard work. It's a goal many aspire to achieve. I love watching the marathon event televised live. The stories of these runners are amazing and truly inspirational. My goal is to run Boston in 2012. I have a lot of work to do in order to realize this goal, but I know with proper training and time I can be there, too. I will be 40 that year and this will be my gift to myself. Look for me in six years!

http://www.bostonmarathon.org/

2 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

You will definitely be there! Running is so cool because it is so individual. I joke that Marathon Monday ruined me last year, because it was the first time in my training that I ever thought about running Newport faster than my training runs. I should have just stuck to my 10 minute miles. :-) Boston makes you think anything is possible. (Which it is, you just have to train for it!)

Suzie Petunia said...

Hello fellow running addict and oregonian! It seems we have some things in common. I hope I can be there at Boston with you some day (as a runner...not a spectator!)