Sunday, October 09, 2011

Long Beach International Marathon (HALF MARATHON)

I've learned over the years that I'm just not a warm weather runner.  If it's over 60 or 65 degrees, it's simply too warm for me.  I sweat excessively.  I cramp if I'm not religiously taking in fluids and popping sodium tablets.  I love the sunshine but not during a race.  I didn't know what the weather would be like for today's Long Beach Marathon events when I threw my name into a contest for a free bib.  I hadn't even considered running LB but when I saw an opportunity to get a completely comped bib... well, I couldn't NOT TRY.  And I got it.  So today I ran the Half Marathon event.  It's a gorgeous course and very well-supported, but the 1.5 to 2 hour drive (each way) and the warm day are tough to deny.  I was glad to be done when I finished today.  I wish I could have remained strong to the end, but overall I'm happy with today's run.  New age group, new category (I'm now a "Masters") and a good solid effort today... 
Half Marathon
Runner DetailsRace Results
Bib:
Name:Cherl
Gender:F
Age:40
Hometown:CA
Overall:1118 out of 10626
Women: 280 out of 6234
F 40-44: 57 out of 969
Age/Grade: 61.57% Place: 832
Finish: 1:50:29 Pace: 8:26
Tag Time:1:50:29
Gun Time:1:51:48
Split Times
10 Km:48:15 Pace: 7:46

No comments: