Thursday, May 01, 2014

April: 133.17 miles

I began this month running so strong.  I even estimated early on what my monthly total might be for April and it was looking to be above 200 miles.  Crazy!  However, a major car accident on the 9th changed everything.

I ran the morning of the 9th.  Greta and I went out for an easy 3 miles.  I was stopped halfway through by a phone call from my mom.  My SIL had had surgery the day before (kidney transplant) and I wanted to hear how she was doing.  Overall, not a stellar run.

The afternoon of the 9th, on my way home to Corvallis from Albany, I was involved in a head-on collision.  Although I continued my "one mile every day" steak even after the accident, it would be 2 weeks before I ran again and a full 3 weeks before my run was a "hard effort".  I'm just getting back into running this week.  It's been better than I thought it would be but it's still disappointing.  I was running so strong before the accident.  I'm still being very careful and checking in with myself constantly when I run.  I don't want any lingering soreness from the accident to lead to running injuries.

I'm glad that month is over.  I'm looking forward to a fresh new month!

1 comment:

Kelly(M&M) said...

I have been thinking of you the whole time. You have done amazing at your recovery and you are also being so smart. You will come back so strong!