Sunday, June 17, 2007

I run for Toblerones

I'm happy that my runs are getting easier every time that I do them. I haven't been able to get out much yet, but that's okay since I'm still easing into it and figuring out when the best times are for me to run. With every run, I'm running a little faster and a little bit further which in turn means I'm burning more calories and eventually losing more of this pregnancy weight. I gained A LOT (just as I did with the first pregnancy) and still have 15 pounds plus to go. I pretty much hit a plateau after the first 40 or so pounds. [Okay, so I indulged a little while pregnant. Since many of my favorite things were off limits, I found new favorites that did nothing for me nutritionally but sure loaded me up with the calories and pounds.] But all my hard work with running and eating healthy is handsomely rewarded with every 10 pounds lost with my favorite indulgence -- the perfectly delicious Toblerone. I'm guessing late this week I'll be enjoying another one. Oh! how I love thee...

1 comment:

Kelly(M&M) said...

That is a really good way to reward yourself. I would really like to lose another 10 lbs because I know I will feel better when I run. I am going to run in the OHSU Tram run on June 30th. You should join me. :-) I hope I am not getting my mileage up too much too soon. I am still trying to go really slow. You are doing awesome!