Saturday, April 26, 2008

spotted

I'm always surprised by just how long it takes for my body to get back into the rhythm of running. I've been running 3 or 4 times a week for the past several (five?) weeks and this morning's run was finally the one that felt good. It finally felt comfortable. It finally felt like it wasn't a struggle the entire time. I actually felt like I could have gone further but that pesty little Garmin I was wearing began beeping "battery low" and with me being the total nerd and information-obsessed person I am with running, I turned around at that point to double back. Because if the battery died along the way back, I would still know exactly how far I had run. Yes, I know, I'm a slave to the darn thing...

Later in the morning I bumped into a woman I know and she said the dreaded "Hey, I saw you running this morning." I always wonder if I looked miserable at the time of the spotting. Was my running form good? Was I running a faster pace at that point? I guess this is why I don't like family and friends to be spectators at races. Silly, silly me.

No comments: