Thursday, August 10, 2006

Happy Feet!

I bought new NIKEs today and I'm so excited to try them out. They are the same shoe as before, but a half size larger and in a new color. In honor of the new shoes, I thought I'd post a toenail update. There are additional photos in the archives (May 2006) if you want to see just how far this toenail has come.

May 2006
The pointer toenail was purple. No soreness or lifting at this point, just an undeniable color change in the nail. The big toenail is disgusting. Having fallen partially off, it's a mess. Original trauma was in February and some of the new nail has come in, but I wasn't able to cut all of the old nail off because it started to bleed. Yuck.

August 2006
The pointer toenail has fallen off and a new toenail was waiting below! It's shorter than I'd normally keep it, but it's a toenail! Complete and absolutely normal. The big toenail is also looking good. There is a ridge about halfway down the nail. The cuticle side of this ridge is totally normal and smooth; the other half of the nail is bumpy and still weird. But, it's growing in and it appears that it'll all look normal and healthy in the end. [Note: I say this because M also lost his big toenail during a marathon and it has not grown back in normally. It's been six years.]

No comments: