Monday, July 16, 2007

"Mommy run!"

I have always enjoyed running with the jogger because my little guy is such a good sport. He never fidgets or complains. Usually he doesn't even say a single word the entire time we are out there. I've often wondered how long it would be until he started talking to me more during the run and maybe (hopefully!) cheering me on as we run. He's two years, two months and talks up a storm so I knew it wouldn't be long.

This morning I heard "Mommy run!" several times during our run. I don't know where he came up with this but it was terribly cute and really got me to pick up the pace and continue running during those times I wanted a walk break. Each time I would answer "I am running, honey! I'm running as fast as I can." It really made the run this morning enjoyable and fun.

[Thanks, T! I'm looking forward to the day when we go out for runs together. Please, no rush though. You're growing up too fast as it is.]

No comments: