Saturday, March 18, 2006

group run

It's been months since I've run with a group. My own running group slowly began to fizzle after we ran the Run Like Hell Half marathon in October. Some were due to injuries, others due to the increased mileage. Training for a marathon requires many long distance runs and if you aren't training for one, why else would one want to meet up for a 20 miler in the rain? Needless to say, many of my long runs in January and February were run solo. Which is okay because I do enjoy the solitude and having total control of pace and route.

However, this morning I joined the UrbanMama runners. It was great to run with a group again! It was my first run with them and it was especially nice to put faces with the names and personalities I've come to know online. We ran an extended waterfront loop at a comfortable pace to log just over 4 miles.

No comments: