Friday, March 24, 2006

missed run

I hate to miss a run. I've fallen into a pretty good routine of running days and off days, but today I missed my scheduled run. I hadn't missed one in months. The problem was the sun. It came out yesterday which was an off day and I couldn't resist. I took the baby out in the jogger to run a quick 3.5 miles in the afternoon sunshine. Something was right because I still managed an 8:30 pace while pushing nearly 45 pounds (jogger + baby). I paid for it today with a little soreness, but I haven't been sore following a run for quite some time so it was a welcome change. It feels really good to know I ran hard and still managed a good time while pushing the jogger.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Good to hear you're still out there and running well! Ran with a friend who lives in Goose Hollow last Sunday and she took me up to Washington Park and over to Burnside on the trails--all vaguely, yet painfully familiar! :)