Sunday, March 12, 2006

Portland Shamrock Run 15K

The Shamrock Run in Portland is one of my favorite races of the year. It really kicks off the running season and everyone comes out for it. There's something for everybody to participate in which makes it really family-friendly. This morning I ran the 15K with some friends. Yesterday I questioned why I would sign up for a 15K so soon after a marathon, but I'm glad I went out there this morning.

I finished the 15K in about 1:23 so just under 9 minute miles on a hilly course. Decided to forgo the shorts and wear tights instead but kept the striped socks on. I received a lot of compliments on the socks (note to self: must wear these more often) and heard many cheers directed at me. "Go Stripes!" It was fun and really great to get out there and run it with friends. J.P. really kept me going in the final stretch. I couldn't let her get too far ahead of me! As always, the clam chowder at the finish was yummy and the Widmer beer was a special treat.

No comments: