Tuesday, March 14, 2006

running down hills

I love running up hills. Unfortunately, what goes up must come down and this is where I have problems. In races, I easily pass people running up hill but those same people will pass me on the other side. It's very frustrating because I feel like any ground I may have gained is so easily lost at that point. I've been browsing the internet looking for words of advice on this matter. On my run this morning, I consciously made an effort to employ some of these tactics and really concentrate on my form and footstrike. I think it really helped and the down hills were run much faster and easier. I'm going to continue to work on this and see if it makes a difference in my next race.

It feels great to easily run 5 miles in under a 9 minute mile pace. All these miles I've been logging have really started to pay off both in terms of pace and in my own physical fitness. Running is so addicting!

No comments: