Wednesday, February 01, 2006

100 miles!

I haven't always enjoyed running, but took up the habit about 10 years ago. I've been running off and on since. I enjoy the local organized running events and have run everything from an 8K to a full marathon. I am not a fast runner, but I do what I can and I get myself across finish lines.

Once I was given the thumbs up from my doctor to resume physical activities such as running, I started again. I say *started again* because this was post-baby and also after a couple of years of not really running. I ran a little here and there, but I had gained some weight and wasn't really exercising like I needed to before I got pregnant. So, I started running again.

I also signed myself up to run a marathon!

I surrounded myself with some good running friends who really kept me on track (okay, not literally on a track) and they helped me establish a great training rhythm. I keep a running log online to track my mileage. It has been my goal to run 100 miles in one month and I finally did this in January!

My monthly mileage totals since I started running again...
June 10.25
July 29.25
August 44.50
September 70.25
October 88.00
November 89.50
December 95.25
January 120.75

1 comment:

Jules said...

120?! Wow, some people's cars don't get that kind of mileage! You must feel great. Boy, do I want that feeling--am seriously pondering doing the Portland marathon in October.