Sunday, February 05, 2006

Why did I start running?

I read an online running website for tips, running news, and to check into the discussion forum. Someone recently posted the question Why did you start running? For me, it's simple.

Runner's legs. Yes, I am serious. This is why I started running and why I continue to run. I doubt I'll ever have them, but this is what I strive for.

Post-baby, there are additional reasons why I run. I run to have something for myself. I run because it keeps me fit like nothing else does. I run to clear my head. I run so that when our kids are running around, I'll be able to keep up with them. I run because I love the feeling of accomplishment, particularly after a long run. I run because I can.

And, I run because I want to be the 70+ year old lady still running local races and having a ball.

No comments: