Wednesday, February 22, 2006

google search: how to run faster

I have friends in California who have been training to run this marathon with me. Several months ago D sent me an e-mail recapping a race she had run over the weekend. It was a great race for her and she averaged an 8:30 pace (or somewhere around there, my memory is failing me here but I remember it being fast). I don't even recall the distance, but I'm thinking it was somewhere between 5 and 10 miles. I was floored.

I immediately got on the internet and google'd how to run faster. I'm not a competitive person, but I have my moments. While running around the neighborhood, I'll pick up the pace if I see a person ahead of me just to see if I can catch and pass them. And when I hear a friend has run a faster pace, I want to know how and when I can do the same.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from her. She ran a 10K over the weekend at a 7:40 pace (what?!?!). Again, I'm googling how to run faster...

No comments: