Sunday, February 26, 2006

last weekend training run

I ran my final weekend training run this morning. I finished 9 miles in 1:18 (an 8:40 pace). It felt great to finish on a high note. The tapering has been mentally tough so this morning's run gave my confidence a much-needed boost. I'm looking forward to running the whole 26.2 miles one week from today!

It looks like my purple toenail is going to be hanging around for awhile. I drained it last night so now much of the soreness has faded. I read that it takes about 6 months to grow a new nail. As if this wasn't enough, yesterday I got a huge sliver on the bottom of my other foot. It was deep! I feel a pinch with every step on that foot. I thought it might bother me more while running, but it wasn't bad. I can deal with the purple toenail and the removed sliver, but please nothing more until after the marathon!

With today's run over, I now have just a couple of easy and short runs this week until the big one next weekend!

No comments: