Friday, February 10, 2006

4 fast miles

Fast is relative. Prior to the baby, I averaged 10 minute miles. I knew this wasn't fast but it was a comfortable pace and I always ran at this pace. After the baby, I started running with a group and my pace increased.

Even with the increased pace, I always seem to run the same pace. It doesn't matter if the route is hilly or flat, short or long. It makes no difference if the sun is out or if it's raining and windy. Being sick doesn't seem to make a difference either. I have been consistently running more or less the same pace for the last couple of months.

But something was different this morning. My run was faster. I ran my 4 miles in 32:33 (8:08 pace - hooray for me!). Could it have been the new shoes? The quick bite this morning that was different than what I normally eat? I need to identify whatever it was and keep doing it!

No comments: